Friday, May 27, 2005

Fifteen years ago today

I was going to post a mushy, poetic verse here, along with cute pics, to celebrate our anniversary. Flickr is getting a massage, and the craziness that has become our family schedule is still grinding along.

But, I do want to take a moment to celebrate that my wonderful, sweet, adorable, and geeky, hubby and I have been married for an unbelievable FIFTEEN years as of today. I was a dumb kid, literally, when we met, and he had no idea how young I was (I WAS legally an adult - shut up) and I realize how lucky we are, to not only have made it this far, and this long, but we actually lived through my growing up some more, two kids, several job changes, many moves, motorcycle accidents (for another post) sometimes devastating illness, and not only do we still love each other, we mostly LIKE each other a lot too. My dear Brit is funny, charming, sweet, caring, and I feel so blessed that I was right, at 19, when I chose him. After all, he did move more than three thousand miles away from his home to meet me.

Michael, I love you more than I can say. Thanks for enjoying the ride with me. Here's to a lifetime more. I love you, you geek.

4 comments:

LadyBug said...

What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary to you two.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary sweetpea.

Ern said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I cannot imagine finding the man I'll spend the rest of my life with at 19 (maybe next year!). Lucky lady!