Thursday, June 02, 2005

wow, quiet

Nice, relaxing morning. I don't have anywhere I HAVE to be at in the next couple of hours. What a difference. The Kiddo is sacked out on the floor under her "mennie" (what she calls her blanket, I have no idea why) and I have spent coffee time surfing some of my favorite sites. I solemnly swear that soon, I mean it, soon, I will figure out how to add links on the side, post entries with more than one pic, add links in text (I did it once and can't remeber how) and I will also figure out how to take control of this crazy life. Things will slow down soon, but next week starts the multiple 'end-of-year' extra dance rehearsals, and the Bookworm is graduating elementary school on the 21st. I have parent orientation over at the Middle school tonight, she has two awards/5th grade picnic ceremonies next week, the Kiddo graduates preschool the 15th, my mom's birthday is the 22nd, my mom-in-law's is the ninth, the bookworm's is the 28th, and the recitals (3 of 'em for Bookie) are on the weekend of the 25th.

breathe

I am not gonna get hyped up now. Gotta take advantage of these quiet times, right? I will leave you with one of my favorites, I often sing it to my lil ones.

These are days
you'll remember
never before, and never since
I promise
will the whole world be warm as this
And as you feel it, you'll know it's true
That you
are blessed and lucky
it's true
that you
are touched by something that'll grow and bloom
in you.

"These Are Days"
Buck/Merchant
10,000 Maniacs-Our Time in Eden

6 comments:

LadyBug said...

What sweet lyrics.

And yes. Breathe. I'm trying to remember to do the same.

Random and Odd said...

I love those quiet moments too.

cakeboom said...

me too, and i love that song as well.

breathe!!

if i can ever get my stuff together, we can visit and i can actually show you how to do the links. my husband was in your town today, actually. i should ask him where...

Katie said...

Just wanted to let you know that your blog exchange gift is on the way! I sent it out yesterday, via UPS, but with the 4th of July holiday, it won't get there until the 5th or 6th. Do you want a hint on what it is?

Katie said...

HELLOOOO! Is anybody home? You need to post something! It has been like a month. Just so you know, your package should come today or tomorrow. I hope nothing got bounced around in transit. Hope you like the chips and salsa straight from good old Houston, Texas. :-)

Katie said...

Okay - your package was just delivered. I know I keep posting about this, but I just want to make sure it was delivered to the right place. Hope you enjoy it!